- Jaws I mean, it's obvious. Anyone who says otherwise is either trying to antagonize or an idiot. From John Williams' groundbreaking theme to Steven Spielberg's innovation as far as the great white's POV to Robert Shaw's guttural monologue about the very creature the trio sought on his boat Orca ("they've got dolls' eyes"), this is not only the greatest shark movie ever made - it's one of the best movies ever made.
- 47 Meters Down 2 I'm not kidding. The first - starring Mandy Moore - was a solid shark flick, but it's the second that lands on this list. Starring famous Hollywood offspring (a Stallone daughter; Jamie Foxx's daughter), this sequel upped the fin ante and brings everything a shark movie needs to bring to the party.
- The Shallows Blake Lively vs. shark. Does any more really need to be said? Great movie.
- Deep Blue Sea Go ahead and laugh. This movie is a popcorn beauty. From Sam Jackson's trademark charm to LL Cool J's chef that saves the day, the movie is over the top, but an absolute blast.
- Jaws 2 Sorely underrated. Brody takes out the second shark to terrorize Amity like Rambo would, and plugging in an all-teen cast was very late 70's zeitgeist. Plus, the tagline "just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water" is one of the best movie taglines ever.
HONORABLE MENTION: Open Water and The Meg