iHeartMedia has announced that the Jersey rockers will not only be performing during next month's star-studded show, but will also be honored with the first annual iHeartRadio Icon Award. Also on tap for the band that is presently beginning the second leg of their "This House Is Not For Sale" tour and celebrating 35 years making music? Getting inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.
As star of the video for their breakthrough hit "Livin' On A Prayer," I can tell if you're my kind of Bon Jovi fan a few ways, including:
1. It's all about 7800 Fahrenheit. Jon's tireless ignoring of this epic sophomore collection of anthems (except for the occasional portion of "In & Out of Love" in concert) actually irks you. What's more, if given the choice, you'd want to hear "The Hardest Part Is The Night."
2. "Lay Your Hands On Me" is not the ultimate Bon Jovi record-opener. "Let It Rock" is, from Slippery When Wet.
3. You feel like Keep The Faith gets a real bum rap and, what's more, you wanna give the band the finger every time they perform "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead," which is truly the worst track on the record. You feel like non-believers would be blown away upon hearing "Dry County" or "If I Was Your Mother."
4. "This Ain't A Love Song" is a better ballad than "Never Say Goodbye."
5. The Crush comeback shouldn't have stopped at the fist-waving "It's My Life." From there "Next 100 Years" should have been released.
6. Without question, "Edge of a Broken Heart" should kick off every encore.